3/24/2008

little signs of spring

Here is a lonely little flower who is as anxious as I am for spring to finally arrive.
I live in southwestern Ontario, just south of Georgian Bay and, although we did not have a harsh winter, I am feeling that it has simply gone on long enough.
I have some tomatoes and flowers started, I have ordered some row covers, and I have poured over the seed catalogues and I am officially ready for spring.
This year we are going to build a root cellar in the corner of our basement; so the items we'll be planting will be root-cellar types. Plus, I am going to do great things with tomatoes this year!
I work with a lot of amish and mennonite families and every year I watch them make ketchup and tomato juice and I swear I am going to do far more than salsa and tomato sauce!

1 comment:

Argosy said...

I hear we're to have a lovely warm extended Autumn with no real cold weather until early to mid November! Can I get a "Hell Ya"?!?
:0